Stay with us. Indulge with us.
COVID-19 Policies and Procedures in the Hotel
We believe that everyone is deserving of extraordinary experiences. This is something that the team at Brentwood Bay Resort has always striven to provide to each guest, and it is something our team will continue to provide in a personal and safe way.
We continue our diligent approach to supporting the health and well being of our guests and staff during these challenging times. Please take a few minutes to review our COVID-19 protocols. During your stay with us, we ask that each of you respect and adhere to these protocols. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more joyful, please ask. We look forward to welcoming you.
VANCOUVER ISLAND RESIDENTS ONLY:
- We will only be accepting Vancouver Island residents for stays between Monday, November 23rd, 2020 to December 14th, 2020. This may be extended based on the guidelines from our Provincial Health Officer.
- If you have been outside of Vancouver Island in the last 14 days, we will not be able to welcome you at this time.
- At the time of check-in, we will require valid government issued photo ID displaying a Canadian address. We understand that if you have recently moved to Canada, this may be a challenge, so we will also be accepting a valid passport, paired with a current (within 3 months) utility bill or bank statement with a Canadian residential address. The name on the document must match the name on the out of country passport.
WHAT WE ARE DOING
- Increasing cleaning protocols in both public spaces and private rooms (see below for more detail).
- Enforcing physical distancing guidelines throughout all Resort outlets.
- Increasing signage to ensure all guests are aware of the COVID-19 Resort requirements.
- Setting up hand sanitizing stations throughout the Resort.
- Amending our cancellation policy to better accommodate a sudden change of plans due to illness.
- Closely following all government regulations and guidelines, and enforcing policies and procedures more stringent than required to ensure the safety and well-being of guests and staff
- All team members will undergo a daily health check to ensure they are fit to work prior to starting their shift.
WHAT WE ASK OF YOU
- Respect social distancing guidelines throughout the Resort and respect the distance between your party and other guests.
- Wear a mask or face covering in all public spaces at all times.
- Wash and sanitize your hands frequently.
- If you are experiencing symptoms prior to your arrival date, please reschedule.
- Only have one member of your party come to the front desk to check-in/check-out.
- If you become ill and you have recently visited our facility, please let us know so we can take appropriate action.
- Please be patient with our team. The new protocols can be time consuming, but your safety is our number one priority.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR STAY
- High touch point items have been removed from the room and will be available upon request at the front desk.
- Decorative items and decorative linen have been removed from rooms to minimize contact.
- The mini bar has been removed from guest rooms; items are available for order through the Pub.
- Masks, gloves, and disinfectant spray will be available upon request with our Guest Services team.
- Some services may be altered/limited throughout your stay i.e. Spa, Dining.
- Please note we will have a breakfast, lunch, and dinner options available to all in house guests.
- Stay-over housekeeping service has been suspended. Amenity baskets will be dropped outside your door daily, and additional amenities will be available upon request.
- Physical distancing will be required if a line begins to form.
- The front desk will be sanitized between each guest.
- We ask that only one member of the party visits the front desk to check-in.
- A credit card and matching photo ID will be required at check-in and will be viewed through Plexiglass.
- Tap, signature or pin pad options will be available for the credit card pre-authorization.
- Pens will be sanitized prior to guest; we encourage you to keep pens that you have used.
- Keys will be sanitized before and after use.
- You are welcome to leave your keys in your room and depart with zero contact.
- If you come to the front desk to check out, please have only one member of your party visit.
- There will be a key drop box available to all departing guests.
LOST AND FOUND
- As required by Worksafe BC all lost and found will be unavailable to be reclaimed and will be disposed of as soon as they are found.
- Please check your room carefully as your depart.
GUEST HEALTH CHECK REQUIREMENTS
- At the time of check-in, all guests will be required to answer a few questions regarding their recent health status, in addition to the following:
- Have you traveled outside of Vancouver island or been in close contact with anyone who has traveled outside of Vancouver Island in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone who has a confirmed of probable case of COVID-19?
ENHANCED CLEANING AND SANITIZATION PROTOCOLS
Housekeeping and Maintenance
- Team members have been re-trained on new enhanced hygiene protocols including frequent handwashing and avoiding touching their eyes, mouth, nose, ears and face.
- Housekeeping and maintenance staff will be required to wear masks in all guest spaces.
- Gloves are required and will be changed between each room.
- Stay-over and turn-down services are suspended for the time being.
- One team member will be assigned to stripping and sanitizing guest rooms, another will be assigned to cleaning and preparing for new guests to eliminate cross over.
- Soft surfaces in rooms will be steam cleaned between guests (i.e. curtains and chairs).
- No team member will be permitted into a guest room while the room is occupied.
- If a maintenance issue occurs, the guest will be asked to vacate the room and the appropriate sanitization procedures will be completed prior to entrance and exit.
- Housekeeping and maintenance staff will be required to change into and out of their work uniforms at work, and their uniforms will be washed daily.
- When delivering requested items, our team members will be required to wear gloves, a mask and will not be permitted to enter the guest room.
RESORT ROOM SANITIZATION TOUCHPOINTS
- Room entry, doorways, flooring.
- Handles and knobs – door handles, closets, drawers, furniture knobs, patio/balcony handles, drapery and pull handles.
- Bedding and Linen- all bed linen including duvet covers, pillowcases, throws, sheets, towels and pool towels.
- Bathrooms – all surfaces, amenities, toilets, floors, mirrors, towel racks, door handles, faucets in sink, shower and tub, bathtub and surrounding tile, shower head, vanity, shutters.
- Switches and electronics – lights, lamps, telephone, TV, remote control, alarm clock, switches, electronic controls, light switches, fireplace dial and switch, climate controls.
- Furniture and Hard Surfaces – dressers, tables, desks, benches, built in tables, nightstands.
- Seating – sofas, loveseats, armchairs, stools, chairs, benches.
- Containers – trash bins, ice buckets, coffee maker and kettles.
- Balcony/Patio – chair, table, handrail, patio door handles.
- Kitchen – all hard surfaces, refrigerator, appliances, counter-tops, stove-tops, ovens, faucets, sinks, dishes, cutlery, cookware.
- Chairs and umbrellas will be physically distanced, and their location may not be modified.
- Pool chairs and tables will be wiped and sanitized on a routine basis, and a bottle of disinfectant will be available for guest use to provide peace of mind.
- Pool towels will no longer be available at the pool. Each guest will be provided with pool towels in their room. Additional towels will be available at Guest Services.
- A common water station will no longer be available on the pool deck. Instead, complimentary water bottles will be provided in guest rooms.
- High touch points areas will be routinely sanitized.
- Hard and soft surfaces will be routinely sanitized/steam cleaned.
- Plexiglas will be installed at the front desk to minimize physical contact.
- Key cards and pens will be sanitized before and after use.
- Gift shop items will be available upon request.
- Lobby will be closed to all non-hotel/Arbutus Room guests.
- High touch point areas will be sanitized on a routine basis.
- Bathrooms will be closed periodically for deep cleaning.
- Disposable paper towel will be available for drying hands.
If our team has reason to believe that these questions or requirements have been answered dishonestly or our team has reason to believe that any guest may be disregarding the policies and procedures put in place to ensure the safety of all guests and staff members, the Brentwood Bay Resort has the right to refuse service.
We understand that due to COVID-19, travel plans can change quickly. In response, we have temporarily modified our cancel- lation policy. If you need to cancel your stay due to illness or government travel restrictions, please do so 24+ hours prior to your arrival date to obtain a full refund. Cancellations within 24 hours of arrival will be subject to a one night room fee.
However, all of our health and well being comes first. If you have been in contact with anyone with a confirmed or probable case of COVID 19, or if you are experiencing any symptoms yourself we are happy to re-book you at no charge.
If our team has reason to believe that these questions or requirements have been answered dishonestly or our team has reason to believe that any guest may be disregarding the policies and procedures put in place to ensure the safety of all guests and staff members, the Brentwood Bay Resort has the right to refuse service