We seek a Seasonal Food & Beverage Supervisor!
JOIN US AT BRENTWOOD BAY RESORT & SPA…
Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, is a luxury boutique property that is unlike any other hotel or resort property in the Greater Victoria area. We believe in doing more than serving delicious meals, providing relaxing spa treatments our welcoming guests to beautiful oceanfront suites. We believe in supporting our team member to discover their unique contribution and then empower them to deliver it!
ABOUT THE ROLE…
The Food & Beverage Supervisor is a management presence on the floor, responsible for the energy and effectiveness of the team on a day to day basis, maintaining service standards and liaising with the kitchen. The supervisor is a point of contact for staff, guests and management. This role is held responsible accountable for day to day procedures and performance. The supervisor is the voice and face of the company for the guests and a resource for staff.
WHAT YOU OFFER…
- You lead by example to ensure the team is working effectively and collaboratively to meet sales targets.
- Nothing makes you happier than to feel like you’re contributing by developing a team spirit of trust, respect, comradely and value.
- A willingness to learn and willingness to teach interpersonally as well as technically on the job;
- Genuine interest in expressing and accumulating wine, culinary and leadership knowledge;
- A graceful and mindful approach to work and life;
- Professionalism in appearance and demeanor at all times + a high aptitude for leadership and teamwork;
- An extremely guest-centric disposition + the congeniality to work in the presence of all kinds of personalities during high and low volume periods;
- A resourceful mindset + a continually developing awareness of resources to call upon that support the guest experience;
- Genuine interest in and capacity for self-development + self-awareness and the desire to apply this information to your daily life;
- Effective, efficient, and professional communication skills;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an upscale full-service restaurant or hotel property;
- Comfortable learning and using technology (computer + tablets) to support the staff and ease in this role;
- You understand that communication is the best tool to ensure service standards are met and that guests are always treated to an outstanding experience.
- Proficiency with MS Office and point of sale systems, previous experience with Micros an asset;
- Pride yourself in maintaining high standards of productivity;
- The ability to perform physical work, stand/walk for long periods of time and lift 50 lbs;
- The ability and desire to work a flexible schedule that supports your learning and the needs of the business;
- Serving It Right and WHMIS certifications;
- Banquet experience considered an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER…
- Resort discounts;
- An opportunity to learn, develop and grow;
- Beautiful surroundings;
- Down-to-earth managers that respect + value you and your work;
- A place you actually want to come to work.
HOW TO APPLY…
Email your resume + cover letter to our Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, introduce yourself and let us know the position you’re applying for.