We Seek a Seasonal Host(ess)/Server’s Assistant!
JOIN US AT BRENTWOOD BAY RESORT & SPA…
Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, is a luxury boutique property that is unlike any other hotel or resort property in the Greater Victoria area. We believe in doing more than serving delicious meals, providing relaxing spa treatments our welcoming guests to beautiful oceanfront suites. We believe in supporting our team member to discover their unique contribution and then empower them to deliver it!
ABOUT THE ROLE…
The Host(ess) / Server’s Assistant position works in conjunction with the Dining Room Servers to impress our guests with understated yet attentive service in our elegant and sophisticated Dining Room. Our food and beverage team members’ model effectiveness, professionalism + the very best of their personality in a manner that is a graceful and mindful approach to hospitality.
WHAT YOU BRING…
- A graceful and mindful approach to work and life;
- An openness to people and new knowledge;
- A willingness to learn interpersonally as well as technically on the job;
- Professionalism at all times and a high aptitude for teamwork;
- An extremely guest-centric disposition + the congeniality to work in the presence of all kinds of personalities during high and low volume periods;
- A resourceful mindset + a continually developing awareness of resources to call upon that support the guest experience;
- Genuine interest in and capacity for self-development in a team context;
- Effective, efficient, and professional communication skills;
- Certification in WHMIS or willingness to obtain;
- Proven experience in maintaining high standards of productivity;
- The ability to perform physical work, stand/walk for long periods of time and lift 50 lbs;
- The ability to work a flexible schedule based on business demands.
WHAT WE OFFER…
- Hourly wage + gratuities;
- Personal and professional development opportunities;
- A beautiful setting to work in;
- Resort & meal discounts;
- A place you actually want to come to work.
HOW TO APPLY…
Email your resume + cover letter to our Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, introduce yourself and let us know the position you’re applying for.