We Seek a Seasonal Dining Room Server!
JOIN US AT BRENTWOOD BAY RESORT & SPA…
Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, is a luxury boutique property that is unlike any other hotel or resort property in the Greater Victoria area. We believe in doing more than serving delicious meals, providing relaxing spa treatments our welcoming guests to beautiful oceanfront suites. We believe in supporting our team member to discover their unique contribution and then empower them to deliver it!
ABOUT THE ROLE…
The Dining Room Server works in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Management Team and/or Dining Room Support staff to impress ours guests in our formal + sophisticated West Coast dining room with a seamless experience enhanced with culinary story-telling.
WHAT YOU BRING…
- You glide elegantly around a room;
- You know that it’s the little things that you do for others (guests & colleagues alike) in the spirit of generosity that make that intangible difference;
- Nothing makes you happier than delighting people with delicious food + presenting it to them either with OR without words but certainly with your full presence;
- You are “simply the best” to have on a team;
- A willingness to learn and willingness to teach interpersonally as well as technically on the job;
- Genuine interest in expressing and accumulating wine and food knowledge;
- A graceful and mindful approach to work and life;
- Professionalism at all times and a high aptitude for teamwork;
- An extremely guest-centric disposition + the congeniality to work in the presence of all kinds of personalities during high and low volume periods;
- A resourceful mindset + a continually developing awareness of resources to call upon that support the guest experience;
- Genuine interest in and capacity for self-development in a team context;
- Effective, efficient, and professional communication skills;
- Background and/or extremely high aptitude for an upscale full-service restaurant or hotel property;
- Certification in Serving It Right and WHMIS;
- Proficiency with point of sale systems;
- Proven experience in maintaining high standards of productivity;
- The ability to perform physical work, stand/walk for long periods of time and lift 50 lbs;
- The ability to work a flexible schedule based on business demands;
- Banquet and bartending experience (considered an asset).
WHAT WE OFFER…
- Lucrative sections appropriate to your experience and performance;
- Personal and professional development opportunities;
- A beautiful setting to work in;
- Resort & meal discounts;
- A place you actually want to come to work.
HOW TO APPLY…
Email your resume + cover letter to our Human Resources Manager at email@example.com, introduce yourself and let us know the position you’re applying for.