WE SEEK LINE COOKS!
JOIN US AT BRENTWOOD BAY RESORT & SPA…
Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, is a luxury boutique property that is unlike any other hotel or resort property in the Greater Victoria area. We believe in doing more than serving delicious meals, providing relaxing spa treatment our welcoming guests to beautiful oceanfront suites. We believe in supporting our team member to discover their unique contribution and then empower them to deliver it!
ABOUT THE ROLE…
The Line Cook prepares quality and consistent menu items, leaving guests satisfied and eager to return. This role is fast paced and requires good time and stress management, while still maintaining the integrity and quality of our dishes. This role is part of a supportive, welcoming and collaborative team. Learning from others and sharing what you know is what helps make us all better.
WHAT YOU BRING…
- The ability to communicate clearly & effectively;
- A sense of self-leadership, and a feeling of being accountable for your work;
- Strong attention to detail to catch, what otherwise might be overlooked;
- Strong time management skills and confidence in their own skills and resourcefulness;
- Confidence + calmness in every interaction – people feel like they’re in capable hands with you;
- A willingness to share your unique strengths with the team and bring diversity to the team;
- An open-mind and are willing to learning new skills and take on new responsibilities;
- At least one year of culinary/cooking experience in a high-volume kitchen;
- Own/have access to reliable transportation;
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods of time;
WHAT WE OFFER…
- Hourly rate ($16-$17.25 per hour) based on experience;
- An independent + collaborative work environment;
- Employee Benefits Plan;
- Resort discounts;
- A place to learn, develop and grow as a person + professionally;
- Apprenticeship opportunities;
- Somewhere you actually want to come to work.
HOW TO APPLY…
Email your resume to email@example.com, introduce yourself and let us know the position you’re applying for.