We Seek Skilled Line Cooks!
You have a passion for creating quality and well-crafted dishes in either a casual or fine dining setting.
You enjoy having the opportunity to master a dish and then learn something new when the seasons change.
You enjoy relying on others and having others rely on you.
You know that to be successful, communication, preparation + flexibility are key.
We are in the process of making our Resort a destination unto itself for food, celebrations, relaxation and business. We believe in hospitality feeling natural to offer and look forward to being of service in this way.
Our Resort is a ‘learning organization.’ This means that it is our pleasure and purpose to enrich the lives of those we serve whether they be our guests or our colleagues. We teach and learn at all times.
We are proud of what we produce and offer.
ABOUT THE ROLE…
In support and in conjunction with the Chef de Partie, Sous Chef + Executive Chef, the Line Cook prepares quality and consistent menu items, leaving guests satisfied and eager to return. This role is fast paced and requires good time and stress management, while still maintaining the integrity and quality of our dishes. This role is part of a supportive, welcoming and collaborative team. Learning from others and sharing what you know is what helps make us all better.
WHAT YOU BRING...
- The ability to communicate clearly & effectively;
- A sense of self-leadership, and a feeling of being accountable for your work;
- Strong attention to detail to catch, what otherwise might be overlooked;
- Strong time management skills and confidence in their own skills and resourcefulness;
- Confidence + calmness in every interaction - people feel like they’re in capable hands with you;
- A willingness to share your unique strengths with the team and bring diversity to the team;
- An open-mind and are willing to learning new skills and take on new responsibilities;
- At least one year of culinary/cooking experience in a high-volume kitchen;
- Own/have access to reliable transportation;
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods of time;
WHAT WE OFFER…
- Hourly rate ($14-$17.25 per hour) based on experience;
- An independent + collaborative work environment;
- Employee Benefits Plan;
- Resort discounts;
- A place to learn, develop and grow as a person + professionally;
- Apprenticeship opportunities;
- Somewhere you actually want to come to work.