We Seek a Housekeeping Attendant
You enjoy performing physical tasks and being on-the-go all day.
You like to work in a fast-paced-teamwork environment.
You have the energy to get things done in a timely manner without sacrificing the quality of your work?
You welcome constructive feedback, using it to do your job better?
You own or have access to reliable transportation to and from the Brentwood Bay area and are willing to work weekends and holidays.
Located in the heart of Brentwood Bay, our Resort is a destination for food, celebration, and business – and of course luxury accommodation. Our Resort is a ‘learning organization.’ This means that it is our pleasure and purpose to enrich the lives of those we serve whether they be our guests or our colleagues. We consider it to be a truth that we teach what we know and learn what we do not at all times as part of our daily existence.
ABOUT THE ROLE…
The Housekeeping Team is dedicated to maintaining the five-star standard of cleanliness and room preparation for our highly discerning guests. The Room Attendant position is highly interdependent on a cohesive, high functioning team that attends to the immaculate cleanliness of guest accommodations. Trusted to operate with mindful precision and swiftness. This role is the foundation of what the Resort has to offer guests that choose us whether for their precious free time, special occasion, or business. The savvy Housekeeping Attendant knows that the highest level of service requires attention to detail that comes from a strong work ethic.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A HOUSEKEEPING ATTENDANT...
- Attend and participate in daily mandatory pre-shift meetings to receive room assignments, special requests and department updates;
- Prepare housekeeping cart for the day including: pushing, pulling carts and supplies from storage areas to guest rooms;
- Complete a thorough clean and pass the supervisor inspection of an average of 11 rooms and one Ocean Villa daily (The cleaning is done in pairs);
- Inspect under beds, dressers, chairs and tables to ensure no detail has been missed;
- Provide and receive on-going feedback from supervisors and colleagues to improve all aspects of the room preparation before the guests’ arrivals.
- Identifying and documenting any damages to the property;
- Complete a daily inventory of guest’s minibar to ensure accurate charges;
- Properly identify and tag any lost and found items before passing it onto Guest Services;
- Abide by company policies and procedures and adhere to any changes within the housekeeping department and resort as a whole;
- Assist with extra tasks to ensure that all guest and employee areas of the resort meet our 5 star cleanliness standards throughout your shift;
WHAT WE OFFER…
- Extreme attention to detail + respect for what you do;
- Communication in a way that supports resolving misunderstandings;
- Conscious of housekeeping resources + using resources wisely;
- You’re someone that looks out for others because teamwork means everything to you;
- High physical capacity to get the job done;
- Neat, clean, and friendly appearance;
- Availability for work on evenings, weekends and/or holidays;
- Own or have access to reliable transportation;
- Known in your circles (of friends, family and work) for being friendly, dependable and reliable.